Numeric and rightalt-shift layer keys not working

Good evening,

I hope you can help me with this issue. I am currently trying to rework the Laz keyboard (android, phone), as we are unable to retrieve the original keyboard project and people have been unsatisfied with the previous one.
Whilst the default and shift layers work (along with all extra keys), the numeric and and rightalt-shift keys are not working at all.
The layout seems fine, but the keys are not showing upon hitting them in the developer app.
I am looking at the “@” key now. I defined it as the follwing:
layer: numeric
modifier: default
ID: T_new_193

in JSON, it looks like this:

"id": "numeric",
        "row": [
          {
            "id": 2,
            "key": [
              {
                "id": "T_new_193",
                "text": "@",
                "layer": "default"
              }

And in the keyman source code, it looks as follows:
group(numeric) using keys

+ [default T_new_193] > '@'

I don’t get any error messages upon saving and compiling the keyboard. when I hit the @ on the developer app inside my phone, nothing shows up.

Thank you for taking your time for reading this!

Best wishes,
Okan

To answer your specific question, I think you need to remove “default” from the key descriptor, that is:

+ [T_new_193] > ‘@’

When there is no modifier, the default layer is assumed.

You may, however, find it easier to change your touch layout file to avoid referencing the .kmn file. For example, instead of using an “id” of “T_new_193”, you could use “U_0040” and (since U+0040 is the Unicode value for “@”) activating this key will produce “@”. So you would have:

{
“id”: “U_0040”,
“text”: “@”
}

But if this doesn’t solve your problem, please write again.

1 Like

Hi Drowe,

Thank you so much for your help, it works now! Hopefully I can complete this project as soon as possible now. :slight_smile:

(I used the id: U_0040 method, and it works with new symbols, too! ₺ id: U_20BA)
Edit:

Apologies, I’m currently trying double checking the shift layer and I noticed some of the Laz keys are not working now.
I’m looking at the capital ç̌ letter right now, which has two unicodes (U+00C7 U+0306). This means I’m unable to use their Unicode as ID.

The key’s ID is T_new_2769 and in the source code it’s defined as:

group(shift) using keys

+ [SHIFT T_new_2769] > 'Ç̆' c 

It’s also a longpress key, if that helps!

Best wishes,
Okan

Since these are questions are related to Keyman keyboard source, I’ll move this topic to the Keyman category.

You can combine those codepoints with an ID U_00C7_0306

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.