Need Technical support

Sir I need your technical support for my new Chinese Pinyin fonts and key board for my research. I can pay you hourly if necessary.

This is a community of users who volunteer to share answers to questions. If you have a question about a Keyman keyboard and related fonts, you can ask and we might have answers.

Dear Sir, My name is James T. Thorne. I am working on the Chinese Pinyin Alphabet research. I have created new fonts and alphabet and a keyboard on paper. I want to put them onto computer. (question 1). Can you please tell me how can I use Public Use Area (Unicode)? Question 2. How do I put a (Asian) vowel right under a consonant. I know the third step which will be another dealing with the Unicode Consortium.
If the Chinese authority will reject my work, then I know I will have to give it up on this research.

PUA stands for Private Use Area (not “Public”). Anyone can use that part of Unicode as a “playground” to experiment with a new writing system. However, if you use those codepoints, Unicode has no idea what they represent and the OpenType rendering engine will not know what to do with those codepoints so you won’t get the rendering you wish for.

You could put Graphite rendering into your fonts, but there are fewer applications that support Graphite. Graphite rendering does support the use of the PUA.

I understand that pinyin is a Latin writing system for Chinese. Is that what you are talking about it?
If so, you put the combining mark after the base character. So, for example, U+0065 U+0302 to get “ê”. I’m familiar with what you mean by an “Asian vowel”.

Dear mrs. Loura, thank you for your responfer. This is a research on pinyin but not that Roman alphabet one. It is upgraded Han Chinese bo po mo fo.

But it is not exactly like the origional one. It is more other south east Asian alphabets.

I have already upgraded it with my own (selflearned) linguistic knowlage. This work is not meant to replace the Romanized pinyin, but to give the Chinese people another choice in writing the spoken Chinese.

Hello @JamesArtist,

We deeply apologize for not responding to the message sooner.

Keyman offers a desktop application (Keyman Developer) for anyone who’s looking to create their own keyboard for personal or public use. When you have Keyman Developer installed, please take the next step into learning how to develop a keyboard.

Respectfully, due to the inactivity of the conversation, this topic will be closed in 14 days.
Please feel free to create a new topic if there are any questions.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.