Monitoring and Evaluation

I’ve looked in the documentation and don’t see anything about monitoring and evaluation, but I understand it’s part of Bloom Enterprise.

Is it available yet?
How do I find it?

We can provide some services for M&E to paid subscribers of Bloom Enterprise. You can contact SIL LEAD to discuss your needs.

Do you have to be a PAID subscriber if it’s SIL???

Bethann

Hi Bethann,
John’s out at the moment, so at the risk of speaking for him incorrectly, I believe this is accurate…

We can provide many Bloom Enterprise features to SIL teams without cost. However, we don’t have the resources to provide M&E dashboards for specific projects/groups/areas within SIL. Very soon, we will be publishing a general Bloom dashboard. In fact, I will send you the link via email.
What specific M&E are you looking for?

Also, I just wanted to make sure you are aware of this Bloom Enterprise document: http://bit.ly/2zTQHfM.

Andrew

Okay; that’s interesting.

Yes, I’ve seen the BLOOM enterprise document. As for what I’d like on an M&E dashboard, it would be wonderful to have one like RISE PNG’s in the example.

I feel a little confused about who would be allowed to have an M&E dashboard, if SIL entities are not! How much would a paid subscription cost?

Vanuatu has over 100 languages, and the Ministry of Education has targeted 60 for K-3 vernacular education. They are having a very hard time keeping up with printing, even for a mere handful of titles, and the vernaculars are in danger of being passed over in favor of the LWC. I had thought that a pilot program with tablets might highlight another possibility, but it’s hard to sell the idea, or even know if I SHOULD promote it, without some M&E. A gorgeous set of 1000 books/language (our goal) on tablets are useless if they’re not being used.

Interestingly, that page says that SIL-related organizations should contact the Bloom team directly to subscribe to the BLOOM enterprise service. I’d asked about the Bloom team about this earlier, and was advised to come up with a logo, which we are currently working on. Since then, largely because I wanted to see how the comprehension quizzes worked, I have been playing with the SIL International brand, but we were thinking of making a more local brand. If I stayed with the SIL Int’l brand, would we be able to access a M&E dashboard?

Thanks for the link. I’ll check it out.

Bethann

Beth,

I feel a little confused about who would be allowed to have an M&E dashboard, if SIL entities are not! How much would a paid subscription cost?

We did not say that SIL entities cannot have an M&E dashboard. We said you cannot have it for free, because it takes manpower that we don’t have enough of. If you would like to discuss how much it would cost, please contact SIL LEAD.

thanks
jh