Longpress: don't display the main symbol, and popup size

So, my suggestion is, if the user longpress a button, it’s not necessary to display it’s own button, just display the rest of the symbols.

For example, my “K_PERIOD” button have a longpress symbol of “shift K_SLASH” (a question mark). If the user longpress the “.” button, now he get to choose between “.” or “?”, move the finger accordingly in that narrow corner, and get the “?” symbol typed three or four seconds later.

Whereas in other keyboards I saw the option of longpressing only show “?”, therefore when she longpress “.”, without having to move the finger, one second longpress and release would result to the intended symbol.

This feature I think would help a lot in most cases, where the user can access that first symbol in the longpress popup without having to move the finger, also in cases where the popup have a lot of symbols, and the (first) symbol that she wants are in the far left, and she has to move her finger carefully along the popup to the far left, and sometime misses, and have to repeat the process again.

Secondly, is it possible to increase the size of the popup as well? Since I don’t think there’s any reason not to do that.

1 Like

I’ve added the first suggestion to an existing longpress issue.

The request for a larger popup kind of fits in another separate issue.

1 Like

I was trying to figure out how to do the same thing. So I also agree with Bennylin, there shouldn’t be the original key when you longpress in the mobile keyboards.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.