Loading problems

Hello,

I am writing here as I have got a problem which I am not sure how to solve. Yesterday, Saymore stopped working and is not able to load my project anymore. I tried to uninstall and install the program again but without any success. The program suggests me contacting its developers. What might have happened? Is there any solution?

If you could help me with this, I would be very grateful.

Hi Valentina,
I’m sorry to hear that SayMore has stopped working. Let’s figure out what is going on and get you fixed up. There are three things you can do to help us find out what’s going on:

1. What was the error?

Saymore stopped working and is not able to load my project anymore.

Did it give you an error, or just disappear? SayMore saves a log that you could send us. You can find it at C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Temp\SIL International\SayMore\Log.txt.

1. Send us your .sprj file, in the hopes that that alone is enough to reproduce the error.

2. Share your project with us via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

If your project is large, that might be difficult because of large files, which we probably do not need to see. If you have enough disk space, you can do this:

a. In Windows Explorer, copy your whole SayMore project folder.
b. In Windows Explorer, in this copy, delete your media files.
c. Zip up the files which remain and share that zip file with us using Dropbox (our organizational email blocks zip files, so we can’t get it that way). I’ll send you a private message with the email to use.

Dear John,

thank you very much for your reply!

1. I have found the log and I’ve attached it to this email. Is this the
    right information?

2. Now, I am compressing the files of my project which is not big. I was
    thinking of sharing it with dropbox. Which is the email I am supposed to
    use?

Many thanks again for your help!

Regards,
Valentina

I have tracked down the problem and hope to have a fix available soon.

Fix now available: https://software.sil.org/downloads/r/saymore/SayMoreInstaller.3.1.4.msi

Dear Thomas,

really many thanks for having fixed this problem!!

All the best,
Valentina