Lexical model compile error

Hi all
I am new to this forum although I have been using Keyman for decades!
I am working now on a new keyboard for Fulah (Pulaar-Fulfulde) with predictive text. I have my wordlist generated with Primeprep. But when I try to compile the lexical model, I get an error with the following:
ibrahima*****: errno: -4058,
ibrahima****: syscall: ‘open’,
ibrahima****: code: ‘ENOENT’,

Does anybody know what might have gone wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Ibrahima Malal Sarr
Twitter @ibrahimasaar

It finally worked when I went trough the wordlist and deleted a lot of junk text and weird characters, and also numbers, etc.

But I am still eager to understand the errir codes!
Thanks

If you can send me (either in this forum, or in a private message) the original wordlist that had problems (and preferably also the original text files that you analyzed with PrimerPrep), I could probably help explain what caused the errors.

That error number indicates an invalid filename, either because it has invalid characters in it, or because the file referenced does not exist.

Thank you very much @jheath and @Marc_Keyman
I think it was junk text because I found weird characters (Chinese ) and numbers, etc.
After cleaning, everything went well.
Now that I have my keyboard and my lexical model, all working well, how do I export both for testing on my Android device?

Thanks again

The best way to do this is to create packages for them both. You can then install them by copying the compile package .kmp files onto your Android device using the web debugger built into Keyman Developer, using the Test Package Online button in the Compile tab of the Package Editor.

You can also use Google Drive, DropBox or any other method you may have for transferring files to your Android. Read more

Thank you very much Marc. I am quite confused about the many file extentions. I am still reading the documentation but it’s slow. That is why I ask so many questions. Sorry about that.
Also instead of cresting new topics every now and then, I will keep questions in this thread if you don’t mind.
Actually, I have created so many files over the years (abandoned projects, keyboards), that I need to clean everything and keep only the last that is working correctly.
I will try that and tell you how things went.
Cheers
Ibrahima

Hi again,
Keyboard installed on my Android device and working. I am typing with it right now. However, lexical model only working on web testing page, not on Android. Did I install it correctly?
Any ideas?
Thanks

In your lexical model package editor, can you verify the language tag (BCP 47) is identical to the one your keyboard is using?

See https://help.keyman.com/developer/13.0/guides/lexical-models/distribute/tutorial/step-3

Thanks a lot.
I think that could be the issue. My lexical models tab on the package details seems empty. [Configure language assignment for each lexical model].
Add, edit and remove are greyed out.
Something is not done correctly for sure. Can’t figure out what though.
Any help welcomed.
Ibrahima

Everything is working perfectly. I mean both keyboard and lexical model are installed on my Samsung device.
:smiley: I put everything in the same folder and now I see the language model tab populated.
Actually I just understood you cannot put keyboard and model in the same package.
I am usually very patient but I am on lockdown right now, and even more patient. Maybe that helped. :smiley:
Now I have a few questions.
After typing the first letter of a sentence, it is annoying to have to press Shift again to type lowercase. Is there a way to switch back to lowercase automatically? And double press to simulate CapsLock?

Also font displaying keys in a little small. Can we increase font size, change background color etc?
Cheers and thanks
Ibrahima

You can do that by setting the target layout of each key on the Shift layer.

Can you clarify this? What key to double press on?

Yes, you can do that. Go to Keyboard menu > Fonts… and you should see a section for Touch Layout - Tablet. This is where you can change the font face and size. (See the screenshot below)

For background color (of the key), you may have to use CSS to determine the background color of the key.

Thank you so much @makara for those definitely helpful tips. I haven’t explored all the features of Keyman Developer and I am learning hands-on!
I have always wondered what that “next layer” thing meant. Got it now. Thanks.
About Caps: I was referring to Shift. In some keyboards I am using, double tapping on Shift simulates Caps Lock. I wonder if that is possible.
About CSS: Any template available? I am familiar with web CSS and HTML. Will that help?

Cheers
Ibrahima

That’s a great way to learn. :slight_smile:

I am not aware of this, but @Marc_Keyman would be able to confirm that.

There is no template for that yet, but some keyboards have utilized this feature already. For instance, the SIL Cameroon AZERTY keyboard has a well defined CSS for their keyboard. Here is the link to the CSS. Please be informed that the CSS is not yet available for the OSK. It can only be used for Keyman Web, iOS and Android.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

This is a feature planned for an upcoming release.