Keyman SIL Ethiopic character issue

In SIL Ethiopic character (gez-Ethi-ET), there are different language characters developed. One of them is Gofa language special characters included in. From the seven characters, the first character is missing. I do not know the reason why it happened this way. When you scroll down to the bottom in Syllables (including diphthongs), you will find s=, z= and D=, you can see the first character for three of them is not identified with IPA. Can someone help in this regard?

My understanding is that the Gofa language does not use the first form (they don’t have 7 vowels), and so those characters were never proposed to Unicode and thus are not in the keyboard. If you know the language is different than that, it would be interesting to hear.

Thank you for reaching out.
I was born and grew up in Gofa and I am a mother tongue translator - I finished NT and OT. Gofa has 7 vowels in line with the Amharic language.
Example: Me Mu Mi [Mii] Ma Mee M Mo
መ ሙ ሚ ማ ሜ ም ሞ

Ha Hu Hi [Hii] Haa Hee H Ho
ሀ ሁ ሂ ሃ ሄ ህ ሆ
In addition to that we have also three special characters that do not found in Amharic characters.
For example: the thu thi [thii] tha thee th tho - strong interdental
dhe dhu dhi [dhii] dha dhee dh dho - labiodental
dze dzu dzi [dzii] dza dzee dz dzo - strong interdental
We need someone to help us in creating the characters, especially the first character for all the Gofa alphabets.

Simon

It’s certainly unfortunate that we didn’t get the first forms encoded in Unicode for Gofa. We’ll have to work on that and I’ll need your help. I’ll especially need samples of usage from you. Would you please private message me your email address?

@Simon_Zekewos Please reply to this topic if you need further assistance, otherwise it’ll be closed in three weeks.

This topic was automatically closed after 20 days. New replies are no longer allowed.