Keyman Developer update blocked by Windows Security System

When I was tried to update Keyman developer version 14.0.283.0 to 14.0.287, Windows 11 Security System notified me that, there is a Trojan included in .exe file. Kindly see the screenshot given below for reference.

I’ve just scanned this executable with Windows Defender and checked it against multiple antivirus providers at virustotal.com, and it came back clean. Can you verify that the executable has not been modified by checking its digital signature?

It seems likely to me that it was a false positive that has now been resolved.

After installing protection updates for Windows 11 Security System today, I successfully updated Keyman Developer to version 14.0.287. Thank you.

1 Like

Good to hear! I will close this topic now.

I’m getting this message on Windows 10. I don’t know if it was from Keyman for Windows or Keyman Developer, but I don’t seem to be able to download Developer at all and I did install Keyman for Windows.

Suggest checking for updates in Windows to get updated signatures. Otherwise, can you use Windows Defender to submit a false positive report? Submit a file for malware analysis - Microsoft Security Intelligence