Keyman 16 Installation Failure

I have been using Keyman for many years with no problem. I have Windows 10, and I had Keyman 16 installed. A few days ago I got a pop-up message saying that there was an update to Keyman 16, asking if I would like to install it. I said yes, but the install failed. A message came up saying: “An installation package from the product 16.0 cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package ‘keymandesktop.msi’.” During this whole process I ended up manually de-installing the Keyman 16 that I already had on my computer. I tried downloading it from the website to get a fresh install of the latest version, but got error messages, such as “Fatal error during installation” and “Failed to cache installer MSI file (code 2,3): The system cannot find the path specified.”. At one point McAfee said that it found a virus (called Artemis) in the install file and put it in quarantine. I tried several times with the same kinds of results. Now I have no Keyman. I have to use copy and paste if I need a special character. Has anyone else had Keyman 16 install problems? Does anyone have any ideas about why mine will not work, or how I might go about making it work?

I suspect all these installation errors are from McAfee putting the installer file into quarantine. If you are willing to trust Keyman more than McAfee, I would think you can tell McAfee to unquarantine the Keyman installer and that it is trusted, then you should be able to install Keyman again.

1 Like

Hello Steve,

Yes, that did the trick. I paused McAfee and was able to install everything okay.

Thank you.

Patrick

image001.jpg

This conversation has been resolved.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.