Keyman 12-Linux: Icon does not appear

Two questions about Keyman in Linux:

1. I’m creating and compiling a keyboard layout in a Win10 VM, then installing it into Win7, Win10 and Wasta machines. In Windows the keyboard installs, I think, as based on the active Windows language at the time it was created If EN(USA) and EN(Australia) are both installed on the computer, the new Keyman keyboard attaches to one of them. If only one language is available in Windows, the keyboard installs as a second keyboard available for that language. How do I control what language it is based on? What is “best practice”?
    In Linux I guess the Keyman keyboards still get installed as “other” language; is this right?

2. When I install my .kmp into Windows 10 the icon embedded into the package appears. But on a Wasta (18.04) computer the icon is the standard Keyman 3-color icon. How do I get the embedded icon to appear with a Keyman keyboard in Wasta?

Thanks!

How do I get the embedded icon to appear with a Keyman keyboard in Wasta?

If you’re running a version newer than Keyman 12.0.18 beta, it should be extracting the embedded icon (either .ico or .bmp) from the .kmx file.

We’re still trying to get the latest stable build out through our build servers, so hopefully something around Keyman 12.0.51+ will be available soon…

Can you provide a link to your .kmp and we can investigate?

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.