Keyboard in my local language

I have created the keyboard but its not compiling for packaging

Hi @ndamekings

Are you getting Keyman Developer compile errors when you try to build the keyboard package? If so, can you tell us what errors you get?

Here’s a guide on creating a keyboard package
https://help.keyman.com/developer/14.0/guides/distribute/tutorial/

Thaṅk yọṵ Darcy,
yȩs Ị am havịṅg aṅ ȩrrọr
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
{\colortbl ;\red128\green128\blue0;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green0\blue0;}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\cf1\f0\fs16 Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn: Warning: 2000 The keyboard file Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn does not follow the recommended filename conventions. The name should be all lower case, include only alphanumeric characters and underscore (), and should not start with a digit.\par
\cf2 Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn: Compiling ‘C:\Users\Test\Documents\Keyman Developer\Projects\ukwani_language_keyboard\Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn’ with debug symbols for Windows, macOS, Linux, Desktop devices…\par
Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn (19): 208A The compiler has assigned a minimum engine version of 9.0 based on features used in this keyboard\par
\cf3 Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn: Failure: ‘C:\Users\Test\Documents\Keyman Developer\Projects\ukwani_language_keyboard\Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn’ was not compiled successfully for Windows, macOS, Linux, Desktop devices.\par
\cf1 Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn: Warning: 2000 The keyboard file Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn does not follow the recommended filename conventions. The name should be all lower case, include only alphanumeric characters and underscore (
), and should not start with a digit.\par
\cf2 Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn: Compiling ‘C:\Users\Test\Documents\Keyman Developer\Projects\ukwani_language_keyboard\Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn’ with debug symbols for Windows, macOS, Linux, Desktop devices…\par
Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn (19): 208A The compiler has assigned a minimum engine version of 9.0 based on features used in this keyboard\par
\cf3 Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn: Failure: ‘C:\Users\Test\Documents\Keyman Developer\Projects\ukwani_language_keyboard\Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn’ was not compiled successfully for Windows, macOS, Linux, Desktop devices.\par
\cf1 Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn: Warning: 2000 The keyboard file Ukwuani Keyboard.kmn does not follow the recommended filename conventions. The name should be all lower case, include only alphanumeric characters and underscore (_), and should not start with a digit.\par
\cf0\par

Those are Keyman Developer warnings about the .kmn filename. Here’s a guideline about the ASCII characters we strongly recommend using for a keyboard name
https://help.keyman.com/developer/keyboards/github/step-0#toc-use-ascii-characters-for-keyboard-base-names

In your case, I would suggest renaming the keyboard to ukwuani.kmn and see if that compiles without warnings.

Thanks to you,

I will do as requested.

Dear Darcy,

Thank you and the community for your prompt response, please, how can i send the keyboard layout to you? There is no time left with us for any error.

I will like you to help us package and deliver check and fine tune for perfect presentation .

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Kingsley Ndame

Most of our software team will be away until after the New Year.
Can you try to attach your files here? @makara may be able to assist you next week.

I will need it by friday, its same keyboard layout with the few additional keys, find the added keys
Ẹ Ị Ọ Ụ Ñ
ẹ ị ọ ụ ñ

I need this by tomorrow mostly for android, we can do the others by next week. Thanks a lot.

Kingsley Ndame

Please understand that we are providing these services for free – we will try to assist but cannot meet deadlines for free service!

Keyman Developer is a free download that allows you to create keyboard layouts yourself so if you do need this urgently, I would advise working on it yourself, following the tutorials at https://help.keyman.com/developer/14.0/guides/develop/

Dear Marc,

I will go for the price, as long as you deliver to me, it’s urgent and I can’t deliver perfectly compared to professional like you.
my email is
ndamekings@gmail.com
234-08030565115 whatsapp and calls

Please this is urgent, mostly the android version, by next week we will commence on windows and physical keyboard.
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Kingsley ndame

Hello,

i await your response on the android keyboard and others, please can someone help me out, i will pay for the services,

Thanks
Kingsley Ndame

Good day to Sil,

They keypad compiled success but did not build for packaging. please can i get someone to help me directly. I have beeb waiting for days now.

Contact me on
ndamekings@gmail.com

Thanks

My guess is that you have not included necessary files in the package. Which is why it didn’t build successfully. Refer to this documentation on how to properly create a keyboard package for distribution: Package Tutorial.

If you’d like a live support on Zoom, I am available today and tomorrow (December 21 and 22, 2021) between 7AM and 9AM UTC time. DM me for the Zoom link.

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.