Keyboard App Builder for iOS

I would really be interested in a Keyboard App for iOS. It would be great if users didn’t have to install Keyman to have the keyboards they want. Also having a dedicated app in the AppStore would make our language keyboards more findable. On reason posted previously for not focusing on an iOS version was difficulty getting iOS apps approved. So far we have had no problems submitting many iOS apps. Thanks.

1 Like

I am supporting this request. I think if the keyboards are unique and also have predictive text, Apple would approve them.

The Keyman team are investigating this. The main issue is that KAB apps have significantly less content in them than other App Builder apps, so they have fewer differentiating features, appearing more templated, which is the primary problem with the App Store. We have received advice in the past – and in the last few days – from App Store support that the apps would likely run into approval problems over time, so we want to do this the right way.

From my perspective, a dedicated app has a much better install experience – and always will, by virtue of being simpler for the user – so we will continue to pursue this.