It's possible to translate of field's values?

Is it possible to show translation of field values (for example parts-of-speech) based on selected UI langauge?

We can translate label of the field, but what about values?

I don’t know what your source is.
LIFT standard does not support multiple language parts of speech.
XHTML from Flex could be modified by DAB Changes to add in a second part of speech.
Flex does allow multiple POS languages but you have to use the Category Info output. You would duplicate the Grammatical Info section and have one for each language. Category Info only shows the abbreviation. I don’t use abbreviations in digital dictionaries since I don’t need to save space/paper and I don’t believe in making dictionary harder to understand. So for me to do this I’d have to put in the full name in the abbreviation slot, thus rendering the database not usable as a Print source.

Hi,

my understanding of reading the LIFT format description is that parts-of-speech are keys to a range, and range-element labels can have multiple forms for different languages. This is what was exported from Flex into a .lift-ranges file for my test project:

<range id="grammatical-info">
<!-- These are all the parts of speech in the FLEx db, used or unused.  These are used as the basic grammatical-info values. -->
<range-element id="Adverb" guid="46e4fe08-ffa0-4c8b-bf98-2c56f38904d9">
<label>
<form lang="en"><text>adverb</text></form>
<form lang="fr"><text>adverbe</text></form>
<form lang="ru"><text>наречие</text></form>
<form lang="es"><text>adverbio</text></form>
<form lang="id"><text>kata keterangan</text></form>
</label>
<abbrev>
<form lang="en"><text>adv</text></form>
<form lang="fr"><text>adv</text></form>
<form lang="ru"><text>нареч</text></form>
<form lang="es"><text>adv</text></form>
</abbrev>
<description>
<form lang="en"><text>An adverb, narrowly defined, is a part of speech whose members modify verbs for such categories as time, manner, place, or direction. An adverb, broadly defined, is a part of speech whose members modify any constituent class of words other than nouns, such as verbs, adjectives, adverbs, phrases, clauses, or sentences. Under this definition, the possible type of modification depends on the class of the constituent being modified.</text></form>
<form lang="fr"><text>Dans un sens restreint, un adverbe modifie un verbe à propos d’informations concernant le moment, le lieu, la manière ou la direction. Dans un sens plus large, un adverbe modifie n’importe quel autre constituant autre que le nom, tel qu’un verbe, un adjectif, un adverbe, un syntagme, une proposition ou une phrase. Dans cette acception, le type de modification apportée par l’adverbe dépend de la classe du constituant qui est modifié.</text></form>
<form lang="ru"><text>Наречие в узком смысле является частью речи, которая изменяет глагол в таких категориях, как время, образ действия, место или направление. Наречие в широком смысле - это часть речи, которая модифицирует любой класс непосредственных составляющих кроме существительных, а именно глаголы, прилагательные, наречия, словосочетания, клаузы или предложения. По этому определению возможный тип изменения зависит от класса изменяемой непосредственной составляющей.</text></form>
<form lang="id"><text></text></form>
<form lang="es"><text></text></form>
<form lang="tr"><text></text></form>
<form lang="pt"><text></text></form>
</description>
<trait name="catalog-source-id" value="Adverb"/>
</range-element>

DAB should be able to read those and change according the the user’s UI language?