Hi, When we use Keyman with Tamil language… We can’t type 1st letter in Firefox or some browsers Tamil language. But If we type any single letter English after it allows to type in Tamil. for so many releases the problem exist.
- What is the name of keyboard you are using?
- What is your Windows version?
- What version of Keyman are you using?
- What version of Chrome and Firefox are you running?
- Can you give a specific example of what you did and it didn’t work by provising both the current and expected output?
Hi @makara Thank you for your response.
- keyboard Name, Suratha Bamini
- I checked with Win 8.1, 10, 11.
- Version 14.0.282 (Previous versions also having same problem. It’s almost 3 Years that having issues)
- 93.0 (64-bit)
- Problem only in Firefox. Typing in address bar works fine. But when we are in any website like Google.co.in It’s having problem. If we type any 1st letter en English then we change it to Tamil It’s works fine. But if we try to type from beginning it’s not working… (Which means no characters. just cursor blinking.)
I’ve tested on my side by typing abc using the Suratha Bamini keyboard (சுரதா-பாமுனி | Suratha Bamini keyboard) with Keyman 14.0.282 on FireFox 93.0 (Windows 10 Pro 21H2). The output is as shown in the screenshot below. The first keypress (a) does output the expected character (ய), not blank.
If I’ve missed any steps to reproduce this issue, please clarify.
Also, could you take a screenshot of what’s shown on your side? A short video recording of the behavior would be ideal.
It’s weird, It seems yours working very fine… I don’t know how to record a video.