iPad needs to delete Keyman in order to install a new version of keyboard

Hi,

After compiling a new .kmp file, I deleted the old keyboard version on iPad and install the new version. But this newly installed keyboard is the same as the old one that I just deleted.
If I delete the Keyman app and reinstall it from the app store, and then install the new .kmp file, then the new version of the keyboard is installed.

I still name the new .kmp file as version 1.0. I don’t know if this could be the issue. But my android phone does not have any issue. It will download the new .kmp file and install the new keyboard.

This sounds like a known issue we’ve been tracking at bug(ios): Keyman (and possibly Developer) cache files leading to difficulty repeating test installs · Issue #2757 · keymanapp/keyman · GitHub. We plan to address this within the next two weeks for the 14.0 beta.

In the meantime, there are a few differences in the details that I’d like to investigate. Could I ask you to try the following?

1. Install the “old keyboard version”.
  2. Double-tap your device’s “Home” key. After doing so, you should see something like this:

1. Once you’ve reached the screen seen above, grab and slide the Keyman app up in a quick motion. If successful, it should disappear as a result. (This fully closes the app.)
  2. Relaunch Keyman.
  3. Install the “new keyboard version”.

Could you see whether or not the new keyboard version successfully installs this way?

3 Likes

Yes. Closing the Keyman app can solve the problem. It’s better than a reinstallation the Keyman app.
Thanks!