Image code - what's the difference?

I am curious about the codes used in MS Word to insert images in apps. I am working on a some tutorials, and I came across this issue. Both codes work fine. Is there ANY reason to use one over the other? As you can see, example 1 is simplified, without the extra \ or | symbols. Example 2 includes them. Is there ANY difference that RAB sees?

It relates to USFM. The second form allows the inclusion of a caption that RAB supports. The full documentation is in USFM reference. But the short form is here.

\fig DESC|FILE|SIZE|LOC|COPYRIGHT|CAPTION|REF\fig*

Not everything is applicable to RAB.

The following would seem to be the usable parts.

\fig DESC|FILE|||COPYRIGHT|CAPTION|\fig*

But for most people just the following:

\fig |FILE||||CAPTION|\fig*

The backslash before the first | looks wrong to me.

Thanks for the quick reply. I believe you are correct in saying that the backslash before the first one looks wrong. But somehow, RAB knows how to interpret it, as I have used it in my demo app successfully. I will change it in the documentation I’m putting together to reflect what you have above.

So, I’m saying to use the first form if you are just inserting an image that doesn’t need a caption, but to use what you have at the end if they need a simple caption.

Normally, RAB expects to find the image filename after the first | character. But if it doesn’t find it there, it will look for it elsewhere between the \fig …\fig*.

So for an image without a caption, you can use:

\fig |image.jpg|||||\fig*

or

\fig image.jpg\fig*