How to force reload Language list in keyman Android

I recently submitted a keyboard and it is now live. On my Android phone when I opened the Install new language it reloaded the list and I could find the new keyboard. However in an other device it is still showing the old list and I could not find any way to reload it. Can somebody guide me through this.

Also I had installed several version of the keyboard during development and testing. They are still there in the language even after uninstalling. Is there a way to get rid of those development version keyboards ?

Thanks

You can select the world key, then longpress on the language keyboard and it will allow you to delete a keyboard.

I don’t know how to force a refresh of the new keyboard list. My Android isn’t updating the list currently altho it did a few weeks back :frowning:

I cleared keyman app’s data and cache to get it download the list again but lost all settings and installed keyboards. a better way than this?

I cleared keyman app’s data and cache to get it download the list again but lost all settings and installed keyboards. a better way than this?

When Keyman for Android downloads the latest keyboard catalog, the app keeps a local copy of the catalog info and uses it to populate the language/keyboard lists.
If the device has internet access and it’s been more than an 24 hours since downloading the catalog, the app will attempt to download the latest catalog.

Unfortunately, we currently don’t have a better way to force the latest Keyman for Android 13.0 to download the catalog. One of the main features we’re implementing this year is to not use cached keyboard catalogs and have the app directly search from Keyboard Search

That is on the software roadmap for Keyman 14.0.

Also I had installed several version of the keyboard during development and testing. They are still there in the language even after uninstalling. Is there a way to get rid of those development version keyboards?

The keyboards you download from the Keyman servers are stored in a different folder from development (“custom”) keyboards installed from .kmp keyboard packages. That’s probably why you were seeing “duplicates” in the list.

Also slated for development in 14.0, Keyman for Android will download keyboard packages from the Keyman servers and the folders will be treated the same as “custom” keyboards.

The issue on this topic had been fixed on the newer version of Keyman.
Respectfully, due to the inactiveness of the conversation, this topic is now closed for any further discussion.
Please feel free to create a new topic if there is any question or the issue persists.