How to change different languages in mac using shortcut keys like in windows?

I would like to be able to change between languages in mac just like in windows because in mac there is only keyman logo and to change different languages, I need to click the logo and go to keyboard and choose language manually by clicking. Hence, I wonder if there is one like windows to switch the languages by shortcut keys? Thanks.

Welcome back to the community, @Hexadecane.

There is nothing in place that I know of that can do that yet. @Shawn probably can explain why. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. Oh, I see. So there is no feature like that for mac yet? Maybe I hope there is one like that in the near future for Mac users because it would be very convenient to switch between keyboards without bothering to click so many steps. By the way, it would be nice if you could explain why, so I can get new knowledge on how it works. Thanks.

This is functionality that we are planning to implement. Issue #2237 describes a blocker for us at present.

There are a few challenges here – we need to do more research. I know there was a blocking macOS bug a couple of years ago, but I would have to investigate to find out what the status of that bug is now; Apple may have fixed it. We’ll be discussing macOS functionality at our upcoming planning meeting in a couple of months.

Thank you very much for your explanation. I hope you can find the solution sooner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.