Generate flash cards

I know this is not a language learning app, but it could be very useful if there was a way to generate flashcards from this program. Choose a selection/category of words, and two languages you want cards generated in. Probably the most helpful would be to generate digital flash cards, but maybe that’s asking too much?

Hi Amy,

There is already a way to do this with ANKI, but first you need to have your Language Forge data in FLEx (via S/R). Once it is in FLEx, you can export a LIFT file and then use the FlashGrab Anki extension https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/618450151 to generate flashcard data from your FLEx dictionary. Hope this helps!

Chris

Wow!! That is SOO awesome! Thank yoU!
AMY

Chris,
I also want to do this but my S/R won’t sync from the language forge website. When I try to sync it tells me to contact an admin.

Thanks for this Rich. We’ll interact with you in the issue tracker to get you back on track.

Chris,
I’ve tried to use the FlashGrab, but it says that it’s not longer working with Anki. Is there another add-on or am I missing something with FlashGrab?

Hi Rich,

I wish I could help more, but I’m not a FlashGrab or Anki user. Maybe try the FLEx list or LTS list?

Chris

The issue was the Anki version. FlashGrab works for Anki 2.0.x; not Anki 2.1.x, which is the most recent version. Unfortunately, the language of analysis configuration is a bit trickier than I expected to work out.