Formatting for Poster

I would like to make a poster using Avoid COVID-19 (Africa) Poster. I can’t make it a poster - it just keeps coming up like a book. Thank you in advance for your help.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bloom only makes books, not posters as such. And so the “Poster” reference in this book’s title can throw people off. It is in fact a book with one page which is a “poster”.

When you publish this Bloom book to PDF, you will need to either:

• select to only print the “poster” page (page 1) when printing the PDF generated from Bloom

or

• edit the PDF in a PDF editor and delete the unwanted pages for distribution

Does that help?

Thanks, Colin. That does clarify why it was called a ‘poster’ but I could not print it as a poster. I did produce the pdf and extracted the extra pages, so that is not a problem. I was only concerned about sharing the poster when it would not include copyright information.

It would be useful if Bloom could produce posters with a small tagline at the bottom with copyright information.

Thank you!

1 Like

I was only concerned about sharing the poster when it would not include copyright information.

You could add that information yourself manually to page 1. I see there are two empty “container” cells at the top of page 1.

(1) Slide the Change Layout and choose (2) (3) “Text” to make the container a text box:

It would be useful if Bloom could produce posters with a small tagline at the bottom with copyright information.

Agreed, but this is outside of Bloom’s core mission which is centered around book production so it’s unlikely this would be prioritized.

Thanks!

Thank you for saying this. I really appreciate it as the person who did the illustrations. Here (COVID illustrations – EV Visuals) you can find the illustrations to easily format as a poster. I would appreciate it if you can send me a link to this poster once it is made as I would really like to see where my illustrations have been used. Thanks!

Thanks for that reminder Elaine!

1 Like

No problem, Colin :slightly_smiling_face: