Fixing issues with Keyman and macOS Catalina

And I humbly concur! And I support the efforts all the way within my narrow venu [Farsi].

A post was split to a new topic: Associating .kmp files with Keyman for Android / iOS

My first time visiting this community, was going to ask a question, the answer was sitting at the top and worked perfectly!
I had just updated a 6 year old mac book to Catalina and could not get symbols to show up when typing. Keyman looked like it was installed but it seemed like permissions were missing. This was the fix I needed!
Thank you for the great help!

1 Like

Welcome @rogerw! Glad this post was helpful. For what it’s worth, I am actively working on a new Keyman installer (may make it into the 13.0 release) which helps work through the permissions configuration and smooth the way past the various hoops and hurdles!

Hello :slight_smile: Did this ever end up getting addressed? I am supporting a MacOS user and the right-to-left keyboard I made in Keyman Developer for him to use exhibits the same behavior @Orew described above - the OS would not treat it like a right-to-left language.

Sorry to reply to an old post. Thank you!

Hi Christopher. Can you tell us what version of Keyman for Mac you are using and also what version of the OS? (I probably cannot help you, but that information will be important to someone who can.)

At this stage, this issue has not been addressed. We have not had a developer to work on macOS until just over a month ago – so we have been limited to making only minor updates. Now that we have a full-time dev working on macOS, I hope that we can address some of these issues!