Error when compiling in Keyman 10 Error: line 0 error 4055: Statement return is not currently supported in output

What does “Error: line 0 error 4055: Statement return is not currently supported in output” mean? I am able to compile the .kmx file but not the file for web, ios, android or WinPhone.

I suspect it involves the return statement in kmhmu_2008.kmn

match > return

I’m not familiar with it to suggest a fix.

I suggest changing the minimum Keyman version to 10.0. RALT, LCTRL and RCTRL keys aren’t supported in Web until v10. Then, you’ll need to change the deprecated header statements (lines 5,9,11).

The return statement is not supported in KeymanWeb, Keyman for iOS or Keyman for Android. I note that the documentation is wrong in this respect. This is a limitation and I’ve noted that the documentation needs updating. See also https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/1092

You should be able to refactor the keyboard to bypass the need for the return statement. I don’t have the time right now to dig into it, but in my experience, there are very few cases where the functionality could not be implemented with alternative rule and group layouts.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.