Error and weird crashes on KD 13

Hi all
I am using Keyman developer 13.0.118.0
I have been having crashes that are supposed to kill app process but when I click “exit application”, only crash dialogue box closes. Keyman continues to work normally;
Some of the errors:
On Compiling: 400A Invalid token found chr:11
On test keyboard: Unable to start debugger. Make sure KD is correctly installed (he error code was 0000000).
I need some help please.
Thank you all.

Welcome to the community.

Do you have Keyman Desktop (Keyman Desktop 13.0) installed?

Hi Makara
Thank you very much for replying. I actually have the same exact version of Keyman Desktop 13.0.118.0.
Regards
Ibrahima (not really new to the community :wink:

Hi @ibrahima are you still having this issue?

Hi @makara
I haven’t worked on desktop keyboards since. I was scared to mess up my work again. So I only worked on touch-screen.
Maybe there are things I did not do correctly, but I’ve had issues when I create an all platform keyboard, which really is keyman’s strength.

In that case, we can have another remote session to put an end to the issue you are facing. :slight_smile:

It turns out that the .kmp didn’t install the keyboard for Windows because .kmx was not included in the .kps.

This build (pulaar_fulfulde_2021.kmp (619.1 KB) ) is now having both .kmx (the desktop layout) and .kvk (the OSK). Also, I’ve added the Icon, so it’s easier to identify the keyboard.

When initiate the installation, this should be shown and the keyboard should work as expected.

Tested three keys on my QWERTY based physical keyboard, i.e. a, q and w. The outputs are as shown below. The OSK should look like so.

@Marc There was a weird behavior when testing the keyboard on Developer on Ibrahima’s machine. The underlying layout changes itself to match that of the windows keyboard being selected. Is that an expected behavior?

Here is a link to the source of the keyboard for testing purposes: GitHub - MakaraSok/keyboards at pulaar_fulfulde

Can you give me some examples?