Entries that only contain a relation to an other entry don't show up in the app

Hi there

I have a few types of entries in my FLEx database, that contain no information other than referring to an other entry (dialectic variants referring to the main variant, conjugated forms referring to the infinitive). These entries don’t show up in the list of words of the dictionary app. I can only find them using the search tool. But as a search result, the entry is just linked to the main variant, giving neither the label “Dialectal variant” nor the main variant itself.
Is there anything I need to change in the configurations of DAB or FLEx?

(I use FLEx version 8.3 with Windows, export .lift file to build the app with DAB Version 3.1 on a MAC.)

Thank you for your help!

Simon

There are some deficiencies in the LIFT rendering. You can either modify the LIFT file or use the XHTML output and configure that in Flex. But you then also need the Reversal languages as separate XHTML exports.

Thank you for your answer.

I would prefer to go with LIFT. What do I need to modify in the LIFT file?

Here are more details to my question (see below Problem 2). I also have entries that are not empty, i.e. that have glosses, but do not show a certain type of reference. (Problem 1)

I also include snippets from my LIFT file.

— — —

1. Problem:

Reference not showing up in detail view:

While synonyms and antonyms (called syn1rel and ant1 in my lift file) show up perfect, the „confer“ doesn’t.

I have called this reference „confer“ and it is a simple reference from one entry to the other, e.g. from the adjective “čûsu” to the derived noun „njûsu“. I paste a snippet form my .lift file for reference here:

**njûsu**

لَذّة; مُتْعَة

pleasure; enjoyment

plaisir (m)

plaisir (m)

مُتْعَة

pleasure

enjoyment

لَذّة

1. Problem

I have a few entries, that have no gloss or definition.

a) Dialectal variants, that only refer to the main variant (I put them in the dictionary so users with an other dialect, looking up the variant form, will also get to the entry of the word.)

eg. „adidi“, dialectical form of „adizi“.

„adidi" does not show up in the index list (first view one can scroll down in the app), but I can find them with the search function. In the search result though I only get „adidi", without the reference to the main form „adizi". If I click on that variant though, I am linked to the main form „adizi" (which is what I want).

Dialect variant

adidi

Main form

adizi RefTudaga for “gaza” along with or instead of “yûliyuli”?

مِرْآة

mirror

miroir (m)

miroir (m)

mirror

مِرْآة

زُجَاج

glass (material)

verre (m) (le matériel)

glass (material)

زُجَاج

verre (m) (le matériel)

b) same thing with conjugated forms, 1. and 3. Singular Imperfect. (I put them in the dictionary because they are so different from the infinitive . So users looking for the verb under its conjugated form will also get to the entry of the word, that is to its infinitive.)

E.g. The verb drink is „ndai" in the infinitive, 1. Sg is „yari“, 3. Sg. is „čagi"

But „yari" does not show up in the index list (first view one can scroll down in the app), but I can find them with the search function. In the search result though I only get „yari", without the reference to the infinitive form „ndai". If I click on that variant though, I am linked to „ndai" (which is what I want).

1. Sg. Imperfect
yari

Infinitive:

ndai

شَرَبَ

drink

boire

yari سأشْرَب I drink je bois čagi سيشْرَب he drinks il boit

شَرَبَ

drink

boire

c) Same situation for the relation „RefTudaga“, a relation that refers from loanwords to the original Tudaga word.

Loanword:

kôwus

خبز

Original Tudaga word

mûyi

خبز

bread

pain (m)

pain (m)

خبز

bread

I have thought about the workaround for these entries without glosses, but I hope you have a “cleaner” solution.

Workaround (that I have not tested yet): Bulk copy the reference of the dialectic variant into each languages gloss field, evt. adding „=>“ before it.

All the markup is missing in what you sent. So it does not help. I’ll message you my email and we can try that way.