Enlarge text size in Code Editor

When I am working on a touch layout the Code editor in Keyman Developer is taxing my eyesight. There must be a way to enlarge the text I can not find it.

Yes, it looks like that text editor is not finding the right font. This should be fixed; I’ve added an issue to address this at https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/1724

Here’s a workaround if you are using Keyman Developer 11: you can press F12 to bring up Developer Tools, click the Console tab, and paste in the following code snippet and press Enter:

editorGlobalContext.setFonts({
  codeFont: {name:'Consolas', size:'16pt'},
  charFont: {name:'Consolas', size:'16pt'}
});

You can of course tweak those font names and sizes to match your needs.

Thanks for your quick response. I was really excited to try the fix, so, since I am using Developer 11 I pressed F12 and poked around. For the life of me I can not find a place paste the code and get it to do anything.
Please bear with me on this and give a little more instruction.

Thanks for your help,

Lee

So sorry! I forgot the instruction to click on the Console tab. Edited and reproduced below:

Here’s a workaround if you are using Keyman Developer 11: you can press F12 to bring up Developer Tools, click the Console tab, and paste in the following code snippet and press Enter:

editorGlobalContext.setFonts({
  codeFont: {name:'Consolas', size:'16pt'},
  charFont: {name:'Consolas', size:'16pt'}
});

You can of course tweak those font names and sizes to match your needs.

Thank you so much. That makes it usable for these old tired eyes.
Lee

1 Like

I wanted to let you know of another issue that I have run into with the Keyman 11 Developer. Sometimes I can’t change the character on the key cap or on the longpress ID. I type the character in and it appears until I leave the cell and move
to another.
If I look at the code, sure enough, the ID is empty. Entering the character in the code fixes the problem. I have taken to searching the code for empty strings since one got by me and was sent to the missionary with an empty longpress cell.

I have only noticed this when I go back and make a change.

Lee Partridge

Thanks for reporting the longpress subkey issue. This issue with the longpress keys has just been resolved; it will be available, I’m hoping later today, in build 11.0.1354.0. See https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/1718 for issue details.

Thank you, I will look forward to that update.
Lee Partridge

Build #1354, which I believe fixes this issue, should now be online at https://keyman.com/developer/download.php

I have a related issue with Keyman 11. I cannot change the point size for the OSK. I can change the font, but even when I select a large point size it doesn’t change. I’m using Scheherazade which is unfortunately really small.

I tried your trick for the console and instead used the code “oskFont” but it didn’t help. Of course, I have just tried “oskFont” without knowing what the code should be.

The OSK font size issue is handled differently. The OSK selects the largest size which fits within the bounding box – this sometimes falls over when there are fonts which have unusual metrics. There is currently no override – the OSK is scalable so a fixed font size is not appropriate, but we could implement a scaling factor. There are additional complications with cross platform, including web, support.

Can you create an issue, including screenshots and link to example OSK + font?

I am having a problem with the installation of a keyboard I recently built by a missionary in West Africa. I sent him the keyboard kmp file and he has copied it to his phone. When he selects it, it asks with what app he wants to open the file,
but Keyman is not an option.
As I suggested he has tried to update Keyman but with a very poor internet connection, Google Play store is not working well.

He asked if I could send him the Keyman apk file, hoping he may be able to get that, but I don’t know where it is located. I can’t find it on my phone.

He has the keyboard working on his PC so it appears he has a good copy of the kmp file.

Any suggestions?

Lee

Can we pull this new issue into a separate topic on the forum so it doesn’t get lost under “text size in code editor” questions please?

Since Keyman is now on version 16.0.144, there are many features that Keyman Developer offers. We encourage updating to the latest version for the issues to be fixed.

Respectfully, due to the inactivity of the conversation, this topic is now closed for any further discussion.
Please feel free to create a new topic if there are any questions or if the issue persists.