Ellipsize long titles in SAB songbook app?

I’m helping someone produce a songbook app using SAB, and the song selection screen breaks long titles into multiple lines. He would rather either the titles be shorter (a kind of hacky solution), or I proposed finding a way to ellipsize the text if it’s too long for the screen.

I tried setting the following CSS properties for ui.song.title, based on a web search:

ui.song.title {
    font-size: 20sp;
    color: TextColor;
    white-space: nowrap;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
}

But that doesn’t seem to work. The long titles still break across lines. Either I’m overriding the wrong style, or this isn’t supported, or something else? Is what I’m wanting to do actually possible?

I can confirm I’m overriding the correct style, because I see the difference if I change the font-size property. So the problem is something else.

In general many things can be CSS controlled. But some things are programmatically controlled and can’t be changed by CSS.

I don’t have a list of what can’t be changed. If you changed the font size then you seem to have the correct CSS selector.

Are you using \cp to put titles in the Chapter menu? Or are you doing this in the Content Menu? I don’t see said where this was occuring.

Hm, I don’t understand your question. The titles exist in the base SFM file as the first \s line just after each \c # line. In the SAB settings, under “Books” > “Main Collection” > Book Name, “Book Type” is set to “Song Book”, which I understand to be the setting that generates the list of song titles from the SFM file. Is this the Content Menu or the Chapter menu, I don’t know.