Do the instructions for turning off "deep TSF integretation" still work?

There is a Paratext user who is getting a crash when Keyman 10 is enabled. It looks like the crash is related to Text Service Framework.

I found instructions here for turning off integration:
https://www.tavultesoft.com/kb/index.php?KnowledgeBaseID=94

The instructions are for Keyman 9 and I want to know if a modified version of the instruction would work for Keyman 10 on Windows 8.

I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem on my machine, so can’t test the instructions I would send.

Thanks,
John

The “deep TSF integration” option changes how Keyman maintains the context when working with a TSF-aware app. Is Paratext TSF-aware? If not, it is unlikely that changing this option would make any difference to the interaction.

In any case, it is possible to change the option for Keyman 10 by changing Step 2:

1. On a 64-bit version of Windows, in the Registry Editor find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE › Software › Wow6432Node › Keyman › Keyman Engine › 10.0.
    On a 32-bit version of Windows, in the Registry Editor find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE › Software › Keyman › Keyman Engine › 10.0.

For Keyman 11 and later versions:

1. On a 64-bit version of Windows, in the Registry Editor find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE › Software › Wow6432Node › Keyman › Keyman Engine.
    On a 32-bit version of Windows, in the Registry Editor find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE › Software › Keyman › Keyman Engine.

(Edited to fix details for Keyman 11; note the KB article has now also been updated).

Respectfully, due to the inactivity of the conversation, this topic is now closed for any further discussion.

The issue on this topic might potentially be fixed when upgrading to a newer version of Keyman.
Please feel free to create a new topic if there are any questions or if the issue persists.