Do the instructions for turning off "deep TSF integretation" still work?

There is a Paratext user who is getting a crash when Keyman 10 is enabled. It looks like the crash is related to Text Service Framework.

I found instructions here for turning off integration:
https://www.tavultesoft.com/kb/index.php?KnowledgeBaseID=94

The instructions are for Keyman 9 and I want to know if a modified version of the instruction would work for Keyman 10 on Windows 8.

I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem on my machine, so can’t test the instructions I would send.

Thanks,
John

0 Likes

The “deep TSF integration” option changes how Keyman maintains the context when working with a TSF-aware app. Is Paratext TSF-aware? If not, it is unlikely that changing this option would make any difference to the interaction.

In any case, it is possible to change the option for Keyman 10 by changing Step 2:

1. On a 64-bit version of Windows, in the Registry Editor find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE › Software › Wow6432Node › Keyman › Keyman Engine › 10.0.
    On a 32-bit version of Windows, in the Registry Editor find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE › Software › Keyman › Keyman Engine › 10.0.

For Keyman 11 and later versions:

1. On a 64-bit version of Windows, in the Registry Editor find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE › Software › Wow6432Node › Keyman › Keyman Engine.
    On a 32-bit version of Windows, in the Registry Editor find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE › Software › Keyman › Keyman Engine.

(Edited to fix details for Keyman 11; note the KB article has now also been updated).

0 Likes