Display language ISO code

The publicity officer in my entity likes the 3-letter ISO code to appear along with the language name in all publications. Is it possible to have an option to display the code on the Title page only, probably immediately below (or immediately above) the language name?

Thank you for the suggestion.

In the meantime, you can do this yourself using custom css.

Add the following to the customCollectionStyles.css in your collection folder in My Documents/Bloom/{collection_name}.

.titlePage .languagesOfBook::after {
    content: ' (en)';
}

The text inside the single quotes will get added after the language name(s) on the title page, so this really only works if you have a monolingual book.

If you happen to need to change things on a book-by-book level, you can create customBookStyles.css in the book folder and add the lines above to that file instead.

Andrew’s idea is the official way for now, though you are welcome to make a feature request for a more build-in support. Let us know the entity that is requiring this.

If for some reason the CSS approach isn’t feasible for you, you could just use the rarely used “District” field:

Then your title page will show

Normally, it is just asking for future trouble when people use fields for something other than the intended purpose. But here it’s OK in the short term. Note, if you do this workaround, please use the “District” and not “Country” because we might someday use the “Country” field for statistics or to draw a world map and show books by country. But we’re never going to be reading your “District” field.

Thank you. Both these solutions work. For now, I prefer the first (though editing the CSS file is not as simple as using the District field) because I think it is better for the language code to appear beside the language name rather than beside the country name.
It would be nice to have built-in support for this in the future. My entity is SIL Nigeria.

I don’t have a response more of a question, how do you find the ISO for the langauge? specifically who determined that ISO or fingerprint for that particular language the one I am studying is the nxaʔamxcín dialect, and it has a similar proximal language which is nscəlxcinəm but how and who determined the phonetics and the ISO?̌

or
https://iso639-3.sil.org/code_tables/639/data