Display Egyptian hieroglyphs

Hello

When I open “Configuration I cannot find “Addins” as want to configure Word so can display Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith

It sounds like you’re following these steps on Hieroglyphs Reverting to Wrong Font in Microsoft Word from the Hieroglyphic keyboard help

Solution (Keyman Desktop Professional)

Step 1) In Keyman Desktop, open “Configuration” then “Addins”. Select “Text Services Framework addin” then click “Enable”.

Step 2) Open up Microsoft Word. In the Language Bar on your desktop there should be a small keyboard icon. Click it and select “Tavultesoft Keyman Desktop TSF Addin”. Then select the Hieroglyph keyboard.

Step 3) In Microsoft Word, select a supported font such as Gardiner. All glyphs should now display correctly.

I’m not seeing “Addins” in the “Configuration” menu of Keyman Desktop 10.0.1056.0 Beta.

However, in Word, I can select text and manually change the font to Aegyptus or Gardiner.

When I type anx followed by spacebar, I get anx

-Darcy

Thanks @darcy_wong for the great research. Since Keyman version 9, the “Text Services Framework addin” is always on; it doesn’t need to be manually selected as in these instructions. So the instructions in the keyboard help should be updated accordingly.

@mqbssknw, if you are experiencing an issue with the font changing unexpectedly, even when using Keyman 9 or 10, let us know so we can investigate further with you.

Dear Darcy

I am aware of what you state below. However as stated earlier the problem is I cannot see “Addins when I open “Configuration.

Keith

Dr Keith White

Michael Smith Building

School of Earth and Environmental Sciences

University of Manchester

Oxford Road

Manchester M13 9PL

UK

Tel: (+44) 161 275 3873/3889

Fax: (+44) 161 275 3938

Office: C1264 Michael Smith Building

www.manchester.ac.uk/env-sci-masters

Dear Darcy

Sorry – I did not read all you message. You are correct in that when I use Gardiner, it works!

Many thanks for your help.

Keith

Dr Keith White

Michael Smith Building

School of Earth and Environmental Sciences

University of Manchester

Oxford Road

Manchester M13 9PL

UK

Tel: (+44) 161 275 3873/3889

Fax: (+44) 161 275 3938

Office: C1264 Michael Smith Building