Difficulty installing in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Hello, I’m trying to install Bloom in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and receive the following message when trying to install. I had installed Bloom before once and uninstalled it as it didn’t seem to be working correctly. If this is not a problem with Bloom, I can try to get help through the Ubuntu Forum.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
bloom-desktop : Depends: libmono-corlib2.0-cil (>= 3.2.8) but it is not installable
Depends: libmono-system2.0-cil (>= 3.2.1) but it is not installable
Depends: libmono-winforms2.0-cil (>= 2.4) but it is not installable
Depends: libgdiplus4-sil but it is not going to be installed
Depends: chmsee but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

This is odd. My first instinct is that either your apt setup is corrupted or your internet setup is not working well. I’ll try a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 and Bloom later today to check that. I’m sorry that you’re having this problem: it is rather perplexing to look at.
Not seeing libgdiplus4-sil and chmsee would indicate that you don’t have packages.sil.org configured for apt, but getting the bloom-desktop package contradicts that. Not seeing the three libmono-*2.0-cil packages indicates that either your setup has been corrupted to remove one or more standard system repositories or that Ubuntu itself has done some something to break compatibility on a LTS release, which I also find hard to believe.

Thanks for the reply. I went back through the process of adding the repository for xenial (I may have added it for trusty before). Bloom is in the process of installing now. We’ll see what happens from here. Digging into more on your end might not be necessary. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I did successfully spin up a new virtual machine with xenial (Ubuntu 16.04.3 ISO), added pso, and downloaded and installed bloom-desktop 3.9 on a local Linux box this morning.

It seems the problem has been resolved. I started up Bloom and it seems to be working fine now. Maybe trying to install from trusty instead of xenial was the problem. Thanks for your help.