Developer error 4000: "Invalid visual keyboard: A semi colon character was expected."

With KM Developer 14.0.282.0, I am working on a mobile version for Rohingya script. I have a desktop keyboard and a touch layout. I

rhg.kmn: Compiling ‘C:\Users\cwcor\KeyMan Developer\rohingya\source\rhg.kmn’ for Windows, macOS, Linux, Desktop devices…
rhg.kmn (61): 208A The compiler has assigned a minimum engine version of 9.0 based on features used in this keyboard
rhg.kmn: Success: ‘C:\Users\cwcor\KeyMan Developer\rohingya\source\rhg.kmn’ was compiled successfully for Windows, macOS, Linux, Desktop devices to ‘C:\Users\cwcor\KeyMan Developer\rohingya\build\rhg.kmx’.
rhg.kmn: Compiling ‘C:\Users\cwcor\KeyMan Developer\rohingya\source\rhg.kmn’ for Web, iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablet, Mobile devices, Tablet devices…
rhg.kmn (61): 208A The compiler has assigned a minimum engine version of 9.0 based on features used in this keyboard
rhg.kmn: Success: ‘C:\Users\cwcor\KeyMan Developer\rohingya\source\rhg.kmn’ was compiled successfully for Web, iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablet, Mobile devices, Tablet devices to ‘C:\Users\cwcor\KeyMan Developer\rohingya\build\rhg.js’.
rohingya.kps: Compiling package rohingya.kps…
rohingya.kps: Success: 'C:\Users\cwcor\KeyMan Developer\rohingya\sourcHowever, compilation fails with this message:
"khg.kvks: Error: 40000 Invalid visual keyboard: A semi colon characdter was expected. Line: 1 store(&TARGETS) : ‘mobile’

I removed the onscreen keyboard from my .kps file, and the compilation now succeeds.

However, “Test Keyboard” under the Keyboard menu gives the message:
“Unable to start debugging – failed to switch to language with error 80004005”.

I’m working in Windows 10.

It seems like the issue here is similar to that of KeymanDeveloper 14 "Unable to start debugging -- failed to switch to language with error 80004005" - #2 by makara.

The fix for this should be available in Keyman 15 Beta which is scheduled to be released soon.

Gosh I don’t know how we missed this @CraigC. 4 months is a bit of a long time to wait for a reply. Really sorry…

I think there are two separate issues going on there. The debugging error is as Makara notes resolved completely in Keyman Developer 15, but can also be resolved in 14.0 by making sure you have the same version of Keyman Desktop installed.

In terms of the kvks semicolon error, it looks like the file referenced is not a .kvks file (which should be xml format). That line 1 quoted is a .kmn file?

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.