Deleting sources for new books

Can I delete a ‘book’ from the section: Sources for New Books, if I have finished with that source book? Or will the book that I have derived from that source be affected?

How do I delete a book from the sources for new books anyway? When I right click on it, I only get the option to open the book.

Glenys

From workshops I’ve led and Bloom packs that have been shared with me, I find I get a lot of “sources for new books”

If the ‘book’ is in the Books from Bloomlibrary.org section, there is a Delete book option when you right-click. For other ‘books’ that have been added through Bloom packs, I normally right-click and go to “Open Folder on Disk”, then delete that whole collection folder. (Or you can go to C:\Users*username*\AppData\Local\SIL\Bloom\Collections\ and delete multiple folders.

Deleting a source should not affect the book that has been created from the source.

Everything needed by the new book should be copied into it. One way to get rid of it is to right click, choose “Open folder on disk” and delete the book folder.

If you want to be extra safe, you could instead cut the book folder and paste it somewhere until you are satisfied that it isn’t needed for anything.

JohnT

Thanks John. Yes that is the easiest option.

P.S. Not sure if it is clear what “Open folder on disk” means to the non-techie user. When I see that drop down choice I didn’t link it with a way to delete the book. Clicking that option doesn’t open the book folder but opens the folder where the book is. Perhaps something like “Open book folder and delete manually.” Or am I being too fussy.
Glenys