Delete Key is still sticky

Issue #1930 that was opened here:

is still affecting the keyboard. I would have lost a reasonable chunk of text if I had not quickly intervened by tapping another key. The backspace key kept deleting the text as if the key was pressed down.

Sorry to hear about that. Can you provide us more details on what you were typing when it happened?
Did it involve the suggestion banner and backspace?
What kind of app were you typing in?

The biggest challenge we have for resolving that issue is getting a reliable scenario to trigger the condition.

I was typing one long paragraph and another shorter one in the local language about Gambia, in Google Notebook app. Then as I went a step back to make some corrections, the backspace key kept deleting text as I they key was pressed down.

It doesn’t involve the suggestion banner.

App in use: Notebook by Google
Keyman version: 14.0.280
Android version: 8 (Oreo)

Here is the text I typed:
*** STARTS HERE ***
Gambia ìkaan̄ ìkike mfufuk mèlek owuwa ofifi ido me Afirika agan̄ Ichep-ura; mfuduk ògbaan̄ me lek inyam-ene. Mbubek ya ore achubọk inu òrọrọ ibe ebi uket-chieen̄ echili ijọn̄-mkpulu [colony] me agan̄ Okwaan̄ Gambia ya. Adasi ebi ìkakaan̄ ijọn̄-mkpulu me agan̄ ya ìre ebi Pọtugalu. Me emen mgbọ ya, ekigwen agan̄ ya ibe ìre ‘‘A Gâmbia’’. Ike mgbọ okije, me 25 Mêe 1765, Gambia onenikana ikup me irak mkpulu Ijọn̄-ubọọn̄ Biriten. Mgbọ ya si ke ebi mkpulu Biriten echubọk ibọkọ ere ya ikikpulu mè ichili . Me 1965, Gambia îkaan̄ lek me mgbọ Dawda Jawara orebe ogwu ibot mkpulu; îkoulu ido ya mege inire 1994 mgbọ Yahya Jammeh obọkọbe ido ya ikikpulu sa me mbin akọn̄ kpegwook eje geege. Me Jenuwari 2017, Adama Barrow înikana ogwu ibot mkpulu ido òso ita, me mgbọ îtimbe ikpan̄ Jammeh me orirọ igobo ebi ibot mkpulu eyi Disemba 2016. Me adasi mgbọ, Jammeh îchieek , mè iyaka inigwu ejit ikana ibe ọmọ ìkachieek; eya onenisa ufialek ògbaan̄ me lek ikpa ikan mkpulu ido itap me ido ya, mege ebi akọn̄ ECOWAS ejibibe inin̄ lek ikọ ya, mè isa me ikeya ilap ọmọ isan̄a me ido ya.

Ugwem mbubek ido ya ìchubọk ibieen̄ me lek iwop-uko, ọkọ mun̄ mè . Me acha 2015, irek akọp ini mè jeeta mè okpọkọ gweregwen me efit (48.6%) me lek ebi ìluk me ido ya eluk me ugbọọri. Me agan̄ , ugbọọri îmin ire lek akọp irek jaaba me efit (70%).
*** ENDS HERE ***

I was in the second paragraph, and went to correct something in the first, when the issue arose.

This came up again on Sunday on one of our contributor’s device while we were contributing to our local language project. The details are as follows:
Device model: Itel A16
Android version: 8.1.0
Keyman version: 15.0.266
App used: Google Keep

@darcy, are you able to work with @katelem to try and trace the trigger for this problem?

Version 15.0.270 is now out which we believe addresses this issue – please let me know how you go with it!

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.