Complex Forms/Base Forms

Does LF handle complex form/base form linkage? WeSay has this ability as does Fieldworks. If not, how hard would it be to get it into LF?

Dear Doug,

LF doesn’t yet handle some of the “standard” features of a fully-featured lexicon, such as complex forms and lexical relations. I would really like to develop these however, there aren’t any developer resources at this time to add any new features. There is no ETA when things might change. The one part-time developer who is working on the project is busy with keeping the existing Language Forge and Language Depot services working. Thanks for your prayers for more development resources in the future.

Chris

Thanks for your response Chris. I will be praying that resources can be found to add these essential features to LF. LF could be a game changing tool.

Hi there Doug,

Thank you so much for weighing in.

Could you please elaborate a bit more in this thread on what features or functionality you’re hoping for? In other words, what is the problem you’re trying to solve?

Now that I’ve had my morning coffee, I think I understand better. For example, the lexeme “high school” is a complex form comprised of the basic forms “high” and “school”. In FLEx, it’s possible to link those entries. You would like to be able to do this in Language Forge as well.

Am I understanding that right?

Thanks