Choose footnote symbol in RAB?

I know I can choose a footnote symbol in SAB, but I want to be able to change the footnote symbol in RAB. I want an asterisk * instead of a, b, c, etc.
Is this possible? If not, can it be added to the functionality (feature request for next release)? I’d rather not have to re-build the apps in SAB just to get this functionality, but I realize this may be the only solution for a while.
Thanks!

have you tried putting in \f * instead of \f +?

My original footnotes were just in a Word document, so I was not using SFM.

I was able to format the footnotes in Word to use an asterisk instead of numbers. This allowed me to choose my footnote symbol, although I had to manually go through and move the text into the new asterisk * footnotes and delete the numbered footnotes. Thankfully there were not a lot of them.

Now the footnotes show up in my RAB app with a letter caller and an asterisk that links to nothing right after it. It’s seems like I am getting closer, but it really seems like if the “Links” options from SAB could be stuck into RAB that would be really helpful. Maybe this needs to get moved to Feature Requests, considering the number of views it has gotten.