Changing mistakes in the day names in calendar

We wrote names for the weekdays in komi language for a calendar. How can we correct mistakes in week day names? To us it seems we have to start a new calendar just to correct one typo? is there an easier way.

E/g. if we wrote Munday instead of Monday.

Thank you!

Elsa

Here are some steps you can use:

1. In the folder containing calendar book, find the file ending in “.htm”.
  2. Quit Bloom.
  3. Open the html file in Notepad.
  4. Do a edit:replace on the typo, save.
  5. Run in Bloom.

Dear John,

Thank you for your advise.

Anyway I did not understand it. Whar do you mean by folder in this context? I don’t have any folders, only collections. The very calendar is in the Komi collections. There I tried, but could not find anything ending with htm.

Can you give me further advice? Thank you

Els

Lähetetty Samsungin tablettitietokoneesta

I assume that what John is referring to is the folder on your computer where the book (calendar) is located.

That would normally be \Documents\Bloom[Collection name][Book Name]

Within the Collection in Bloom, right-click on the book (calendar) where you have the incorrect day names. There’s an option “Open folder on disk”. Within that folder, there is a .htm with the name of your calendar. This is the file that you need to edit in Notepad, but you should close Bloom before you start editing that file.

Thank you, Liz,

I had another question John did not answer to.

If i want to move a book from one collection to another, like a book from Russian Colkection to Karelian Collection, how do I do that?

Thank you for your patience.

With friendly greetings

Elsa

It did not work.

Elsa

Elsa,

You need to right-click from within the Collections tab, not the Edit tab.

Note, that once you have opened the .htm file in NotePad, you will need to search/replace 12 times for each change as there is one entry per calendar page.

Dear Liz,

Thank you.

Your advice is not working. I add one picture here, what I get when I right-click the Calendar page.

Elsa

Dear Liz,

This is another message I get. I cannot do anything with this message. Probably I don’t have Firefox. My own computer died a few days ago (Windows 10 problem), so I’m working on a borrowed one (from Wycliffe Russia). Pray for the solutions for these problems.

Elsa

Elsa,

I will respond to you personally, instead of through the group.

Liz

I tried that even before your advice. When I right click or left click that, nothing happens.

Elsa

Thanks,

This may help, thanks!

Elsa

Thank you.

It seems to me that to me and to my students now it’s easier to start the whole calendar all over again. (Especially now as I’m not working on my own laptop).

I wonder, if you could figure out another, easier way to do this?

With friendly greetings

Elsa