Changing CC version in license notice

Hi,
it would be nice if the Creative Commons license version could be changed by users in Bloom, eg. from 4.0 to 3.0. We have a contract that specifies work will be published under a CC BY-SA 3.0 license, but Bloom won’t let me change the number. The workaround in a text editor is nice (and very useful to know about it for other things), but some people might not be able to safely follow those instructions.
Thank you,
Sari

[Admin: edited to clarify this is about license, not copyright]

In addition, I have been informed that the Creative Commons license information produced by Bloom is incorrect. Bloom 4.3.4 is inserting a hyphen after the “CC” when there should only be a space. For example, I see “CC-BY-SA 4.0.” but I’m told the correct format is “CC BY-SA 4.0.”

Verified. Space is correct.
@James_MacDonell, can you confirm if this refers to the Paste Image Credits feature or something else? In other words, where are you seeing the abbreviation with the extra dash?

Yes, I am observing this when choosing Paste Image Credits on the Title Page of any publication (after images with rights information have already been inserted).

Thanks, @James_MacDonell.
I’ve created a card for the space vs dash issue in our bug tracker.

The abbreviation format is fixed as of (yet unreleased) version 4.6.

I think this could be a useful feature for filling in copyright information about images you’ve used, since if an image does use a CC 3.0 license, we should really reflect that. So as to not complicate things for users, you could totally have a default value of 4.0, which you’re then able to change if you need.

I’d also like to point out (in case anyone’s wondering) that if you use CC BY-SA 3.0 images, you’re perfectly entitled to release a book under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license.

Yeah. We’d plan to do something like this mockup:

Feedback welcome.

I see choice of license version is implemented in the latest Beta version with a dropdown in the upper-right corner.

LicenseSelectCapture

I’ve been asked to use an image offered under a CC 3.0 license; will that be added as an option as well? Or the option to specify the version?

I’ll admit ignorance to the “Intergov” specification. Is that the same as the CC 3.0 “Unported” license? Is “Intergov” the full/correct name for all CC 3.0 licenses?