Can't compile my keyboard with TIKE 17

Dear Ma’am / Sir

Greetings of the day!!

I have kmn file which compile perfectly on earlier TIKE 17. But after update to TIKE 17.0.185 I can’t compile any keyboard which is created on TIKE 15 or 16.

When ever i try to compile i got a instant crash at Desktop.

App : TIKE 17.0.199
OS : Win10

Crash Report:
Details for error report for Keyman app:
Application Identifier: tike-17.0.199-alpha
Error Identifier: 97DC7C62378947C7B7869E136EAFF8A2

Thanks in advance
Arun

unicode_inscript.zip (2.8 KB)

I’m not sure what the issue was. I couldn’t compile it either. I tried changing the encoding and line endings, but it still crashed. I ended up creating a new .kmn file and then copied your rules in. Then it compiled.

The new format for Keyman packages is to require a .kpj file in the root. Then all the other source files go in source.

Your .kps needs to use a language tag for whatever language this is for or else it will not work on android.

Also, the .kps file called for a readme.htm and welcome.htm. Since those weren’t in your zip I had to remove those to get the package to compile. You’ll need to add those back in.

But, this is a start for you…
kab_unicode_inscript.zip (9.0 KB)

I also saw Keyman Developer crash. I reduced the .kmn file to:

store(&VERSION) '10.0'
store(&TARGETS) 'windows'

begin Unicode > use(main)

group(main) using keys

and Developer still crashed when trying to compile.

I put the files from your .zip file into a “source” folder, then put that under a folder named “kab_unicode_inscript”. Then using Developer’s Project, New Project, Blank I created an empty project, saved it to the “kab_unicode_inscript” folder as “kab_unicode_inscript.kpj”, then added the .kmn and .kps files using the “Add existing keyboard” and “Add existing package” buttons. (This is likely similar to what Lorna did to provide the .zip file, but I’m documenting this in case anyone else comes here looking for a solution.) There are compile errors in the touch layout, but Developer doesn’t crash.

@Marc will need to comment on what changes are needed to Developer to handle this situation more gracefully!

Hello Lorna & Drowe

Greetings of the day!! & thanks for your reply.

If I create a keyboard from scratches then compile. It works but when I add a on screen keyboard it crash again.

If I try to add a on Screen Keyboard via “Fill from layout” then it does not work.

Keyboard data as follows:

  • [K_Z] > ‘্য’

  • [SHIFT K_Z] > ‘৺’

  • [CTRL ALT K_4] > ‘₹’

  • [CTRL ALT K_PERIOD] > ‘॥’

  • [SHIFT K_EQUAL] > ‘ঋ’

  • [SHIFT K_HYPHEN] > ‘ঃ’

  • [SHIFT K_0] > ‘)’

  • [SHIFT K_9] > ‘(’

  • [SHIFT K_8] > ‘জ্ঞ’

  • [SHIFT K_7] > ‘ক্ষ’

  • [SHIFT K_6] > ‘/’

  • [SHIFT K_5] > ‘;’

  • [SHIFT K_4] > ‘:’

  • [SHIFT K_3] > ‘র্’

  • [SHIFT K_2] > ‘’’

  • [SHIFT K_1] > ‘ৎ’

  • [SHIFT K_BKQUOTE] > ‘‘’

  • [SHIFT K_COMMA] > ‘ষ’

  • [SHIFT K_M] > ‘শ’

  • [SHIFT K_N] > ‘৺’

  • [SHIFT K_B] > ‘ঢ়’

  • [SHIFT K_V] > ‘ড়’

  • [SHIFT K_C] > ‘ণ’

  • [SHIFT K_X] > ‘ঁ’

  • [SHIFT K_QUOTE] > ‘ঠ’

  • [SHIFT K_COLON] > ‘ছ’

  • [SHIFT K_L] > ‘থ’

  • [SHIFT K_K] > ‘খ’

  • [SHIFT K_H] > ‘ফ’

  • [SHIFT K_G] > ‘উ’

  • [SHIFT K_F] > ‘ই’

  • [SHIFT K_D] > ‘অ’

  • [SHIFT K_S] > ‘এ’

  • [SHIFT K_A] > ‘ও’

  • [SHIFT K_PERIOD] > ‘।’

  • [SHIFT K_BKSLASH] > ‘!’

  • [SHIFT K_RBRKT] > ‘ঞ’

  • [SHIFT K_LBRKT] > ‘ঢ’

  • [SHIFT K_P] > ‘ঝ’

  • [SHIFT K_O] > ‘ধ’

  • [SHIFT K_I] > ‘ঘ’

  • [SHIFT K_U] > ‘ঙ’

  • [SHIFT K_Y] > ‘ভ’

  • [SHIFT K_T] > ‘ঊ’

  • [SHIFT K_R] > ‘ঈ’

  • [SHIFT K_E] > ‘আ’

  • [SHIFT K_W] > ‘ঐ’

  • [SHIFT K_Q] > ‘ঔ’

  • [K_EQUAL] > ‘ৃ’

  • [K_HYPHEN] > ‘-’

  • [K_0] > ‘০’

  • [K_9] > ‘৯’

  • [K_8] > ‘৮’

  • [K_7] > ‘৭’

  • [K_6] > ‘৬’

  • [K_5] > ‘৫’

  • [K_4] > ‘৪’

  • [K_3] > ‘৩’

  • [K_2] > ‘২’

  • [K_1] > ‘১’

  • [K_BKQUOTE] > ‘?’

  • [SHIFT K_SLASH] > ‘য়’

  • [K_SLASH] > ‘য’

  • [K_PERIOD] > ‘.’

  • [K_COMMA] > ‘,’

  • [K_M] > ‘স’

  • [K_N] > ‘ল’

  • [K_B] > ‘ব’

  • [K_V] > ‘ন’

  • [K_C] > ‘ম’

  • [K_X] > ‘ং’

  • [K_BKSLASH] > ''

  • [K_RBRKT] > ‘়’

  • [K_LBRKT] > ‘ড’

  • [K_P] > ‘জ’

  • [K_O] > ‘দ’

  • [K_I] > ‘গ’

  • [K_U] > ‘হ’

  • [K_Y] > ‘ব’

  • [K_T] > ‘ূ’

  • [K_R] > ‘ী’

  • [K_E] > ‘া’

  • [K_W] > ‘ৈ’

  • [K_Q] > ‘ৌ’

  • [K_S] > ‘ে’

  • [K_D] > ‘্’

  • [K_F] > ‘ি’

  • [K_G] > ‘ু’

  • [K_H] > ‘প’

  • [K_J] > ‘র’

  • [K_QUOTE] > ‘ট’

  • [K_COLON] > ‘চ’

  • [K_A] > ‘ো’

  • [SHIFT K_J] > ‘ৎ’

  • [K_L] > ‘ত’

  • [K_K] > ‘ক’

c

Thanks in advance
Arun

Did you have a project file (.kpj)?
I got a crash from Keyman Developer 17.0.200

if outfile <> '' then
    cmdline := cmdline + Format(' --out-file "%s"', [outfile]);
  if ProjectFile.Project.Options.CompilerWarningsAsErrors then
    cmdline := cmdline + ' --compiler-warnings-as-errors'
  else
    cmdline := cmdline + ' --no-compiler-warnings-as-errors';

It’s possible the Options are invalid (ProjectFile.Project.Options.CompilerWarningsAsErrors), which would cause a crash. If I made a new project file, it seemed to compile fine.

Thanks for reporting this crash. Tracking this issue at https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/9889. We’ll definitely need to get this fixed before release.

This conversation has been resolved.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.