Can you add S'gaw Karen Keyboard

The link above is from Myanmar Unicode Area’s official website. I hope that is the standard keyboards for Myanmar Native languages including Sgaw and Pho Karen keyboards but only for Key magic. I would suggest, if you can make it for Keyman as well according to their key positions. Thank you.

Keyman provides a platform where anyone can create a keyboard and submit to our PR, should they like to share it with the world.

Support and/or collaboration in the process of keyboard development is provided per availability of our team. :slight_smile:

There are no standard keyboard layout for the Karen language at this moment. However, after I use the version 1.0 of the S’gaw Karen keyboard on my laptop, I think we should change up the layout a little bit.

I think this layout would be the most ideal Karen keyboard layout because most of the Karen letters are on unshift layout and only two Karen consonants (ၡ and ဧ) and the second consonants (ှ ၠ ြ ျ ွ) are on shift layout. ဇ, ဗ, ္ , ‌ေ, and ဓ are also on shift but they are only used in Hpa-an S’gaw Karen dialect alphabet. Thank you!

Could you please look at the help page of the keyboard here: Sgaw Karen Keyboard Help? Does it sound convincing or in anyway reasonable to have the layout as it currently is? Keyboard layout update is easy, but users’ habit may not. What do you think?

S’gaw Karen Keyboard in keyman is very helpful. However, it would be better if you can remove all burmese words because we do not need to use them for Karen language such as ္, ဉ, ​ေ. Hence, I would like to suggest to remove those words and I would like to request to include + and = because sometimes, we might need to use for calculation and there was no those symbol in Keyman S’gaw Karen Keyboard. So, I always need to change to English Keyboard in which take unnecessary time and not convenience. I kindly would like to request to change those two issues. Thank you very much.

Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve created an issue here:

Thank you very much Lorna. Sorry about that there is one more thing. We need " & ’ as well where there is ၢၤ and ဒ in Sgaw karen keyboard because there is ဒ in shift K and for ၢၤ we can just type separately because they put this ၢၤ and ဒ for the convenience purposes only and it was duplicated. Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

FYI

Can we change ‘း’ (Shift+;) in Karen keyboard as an independent key. Because we need it to combine with different vowels other than alphabets. (or) create one more word combination for:
Alphabet + U (Shift+u) + :
Currently, we cannot combine U+: in the typing.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.