Bug: Navigation drawer: Settings disappear after change of language

In the iOS app I built, when I change the language from French to English or from English to French, “Settings” is no longer visible after the change, i.e. in the language I changed too.

If I close the app and reopen it, it works again normally.

I don’t see the problem on my apps. If you can send a copy of your project, I can investigate to see what’s going on.

Hello David, thank you for looking into this. I can’t send you the project here, doesn’t seem to be allowed. But I can do so over a sharing platform like swisstransfer.com. Can you send me your e-mail address?
What files do you need? Just the .appDef (Xcode file) or all the files belonging to the project (see screenshot of the folders) ?

simoneuhaus,

I have seen my developer has under “settings” in some of the apps once he has built them. I am able to change the language it is shown in. I am not sure how he does it. He normally puts only the language we are translating to and English. He adds or removes the language text at a rebuild. I am using Linux and he is using Apple.

In your screen shot list “settings” I see it is missing as you say. You say in your email it disappears. I am going to watch this topic to see what work around people come up with.
You say: “If I close the app and reopen it, it works again normally”. What do you mean by this? Which language English or French or both? Do you see these changes in your phone or in Google Play Store or Apple Store?
Leo

Hello Leo

Thank you for your question and I am sorry for my late reply.

“If I close the app and reopen it, it works again normally” What do you mean by this?

I mean actually closing the app
(not just pushing the home button to get to other apps, but double push home button and then swipe up to close the app).

English or French or both?

Both. (It works fine when I switch to Arabic and back)

Do you see these changes in your phone or in Google Play Store or Apple Store?

On my iPhone

Thanks

Simon

The app on your iPhone, has it been downloaded from Apple Store?

Yes. I have downloaded it from the AppStore for my iPhone and just did so on the iPhone from my wife. Same bug on both phones.

Can you now do it from an Android phone from Google Play store and see what happens?

Okay, downloaded it from Google Play and it works fine. Settings / parameters is always available.
This is the Android version that did not have that issue. It is only on the iOS version of the app where I have this problem.

Thank you!

My developer who is an apple man. Said we had the same problem in apple so we have stuck to Android. Let me know when you get a apple solution.