Bloom Book without cover pages?

We are wanting to use Bloom as a template for creating apps with Reading App Builder. Unfortunately, the cover pages don’t import into RAB well.

Is it possible to create a template in Bloom that doesn’t include a cover and a title page?

The idea is to start with a page that allows the insertion of an image at the top of the page and text underneath. The template won’t be used for printing the content, but only for bringing the content into Reading App Builder.

If this already exists, please point me in the right direction. If it doesn’t, would anyone be interested in creating one?

I’ve moved this question over here to the Reading App Builder category, where @richard will see it and provide some guidance.

Regards,
John

Three weeks have gone by with no reply. I still think this is a Bloom issue, since I’m curious if it is possible to develop a bloom book without a cover and a title page.

Hi Marty,

I still think this is a Bloom issue, since I’m curious if it is possible to develop a bloom book without a cover and a title page.

I’m afraid there is no way to make a Bloom book with no cover and title page. However you could make a copy of the book’s .htm file, open it in a text or html editor and delete those pages, and then do the RAB import. Here’s how to remove the cover, for example:

An easier approach, and the reason the issue was directed to this RAB discussion, would be for RAB to simply not import those pages.

The Bloom Reader effort might also be of interest to you.

jh