Best way to convert books to Device16x9Portrait

I downloaded a number of books from Bloom Library and they are mostly A5 Portrait. I am trying to make them all Device16x9Portrait for use in Bloom Reader. At the same time, I am trying to make them into a Source Collection so they are easy to distribute to others as shell books. Here’s the steps I have taken:

-Download the original book from www.bloomlibrary.org.
-Create a Source Collection
-Copy the original book folder from the “Books From BloomLibrary.org” folder (under AppData) to the new Source Collection folder
-Open Bloom
-Click “Edit this book” for each book
-Change the layout to Device 16x9Portrait
-Go through each page to make sure the text fits

Is there a better way to do this, or do I need to do anything else to make these a legitimate Source Collection?

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Copy the original book folder from the “Books From BloomLibrary.org” folder (under AppData) to the new Source Collection folder

That’s a key step… it prevents Bloom thinking you are making a real derivative. So the credits page will be the same as the original, which is good.

I suspect the only thing that doing this in a Source Collection is getting you is access to the “Make BloomPack” button… But obviously that’s a helpful thing!

I guess you also changed the size of font for the main styles of the book as well? That quickly makes the book fit more easily in the device setting.

I check the publish view to make sure the automatic page breaks work for a mobile phone. It sometimes needs less text on the page. Sometimes I move the picture up the top of the device page to control where they are in relation to screen breaks.