Android Phone - "No Keyboard Found"

Hello!

I’ve just started using Keyman Developer to make my own custom keyboards. I have run into an issue, though, when I try to install them on my phone. I have Keyman installed on my phone, which is an Android. I have set up the keyboard to run on Android phones (not tablets) as well as Windows. The keyboard will work perfectly fine on my Windows PC, but when I attempt to install it on my phone it gives me a “no keyboards were found” error. I followed the tutorial to the letter on the Keyman website, so I am not sure what I am missing. The .kmp file includes the .js file that the phone needs, as well as the base keyboard code that comes with it. I have altered the header to clear errors (setting it from a mneumonic keyboard to a non-mneumonic keyboard, because that caused an issue) but that does not affect the keyboard on my laptop. I have looked everywhere for a solution but no one else seems to have this issue. My phone associates the .kmp file with the Keyman app, and I can open the file from within the Keyman app, but no matter what route I take, it still gives me the same “no keyboards were found” error. I can definitely PM my keyboard to someone if they can figure out what the issue is. Thank you in advance for any help!

-Yualien

Hi

In the Keyman Developer package editor, did you specify a language to use with your .js keyboard?
It’s a step that’s easy to miss (See the 3rd bullet on the guide)
https://help.keyman.com/developer/13.0/guides/distribute/tutorial/step-3

If you’re still having issues, you can PM me your .kmp file and I can see what’s going on.

-Darcy

Oh my gosh, that was it. Thank you so much for the quick reply! I had followed the tutorial to make one keyboard that would only be used on my laptop (with a custom font) and then referenced the tutorial to make the second one. I should have known there was a small thing in there about using it with phones, but I must have missed it. The keyboard is now working! I appreciate your time in helping me out!

• Yualien