I am new to this community, having been using Reading App Builder for a while.
We are producing a number of Apps using different languages in .docx files. This is working OK but we would like to show the menu in the language of the App and not all the languages we are using show in the list. How do I add one?
Looking forward to hearing back from somebody.
Go to the Interface section on the left.
Click the Add Language… button.
Enter the details in the Add Interface Language dialog.
Then ensure that the newly created language is ticked/checked.
Go to the Translations tab.
There should be a secondary level tab (often beside English) that you click and start entering in your translations for the menu items in the blank column. Currently 95 items to translate.
Thanks Ian. Now we just need to get the translations done. I had hoped they might already be available.
Have made some progress on this but would like to have the new language available for new apps. It appears the imported file is only available in the app into which it was imported. Can the import be applied to the template used for new apps?
I am not 100% sure on this, but you can try this:
- Backup your C:\Program Files (x86)\SIL\Reading App Builder\info\rab-strings.txt
- Replace your C:\Program Files (x86)\SIL\Reading App Builder\info\rab-strings.txt with the Exported Interface file.
- You can only do this if you have Admin permission.
- This is more risky.
- The language section will need to be manually added to the new file.
- Compare the two files and add the new language information into the C:\Program Files (x86)\SIL\Reading App Builder\info\rab-strings.txt file. More tedious but safer
- You can only do this if you have Admin permission
- The items are not necessarily in the same order.
Thanks Ian, I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.
That worked well, thank you Ian.
We now have a new rab-strings.txt file with Malay largely translated, if anybody wants it. Would the ‘Reading App Builder’ builders want it for inclusion in a future release?
Yes please! I’ll send you a personal message where to send it.
Good to see the Malay translations now available in latest version, thank you.
We are working on other versions of our App and have some translation work done for Traditional Chinese (only 10 lines so far), and others. Do you want to take those, too? If so, do you want the whole translations file or just the lines we have done?
If we are going to include it we would want it complete. Otherwise we would have disappointed users.
OK, thanks, will leave it for the moment.